Tuesday, October 27, 2009

During The Rain


This is the Lake Adger Dam during the massive amount of rain there last month. Lake Adger is about 8 miles south of Lake Lure. Beautiful lake that's perfect for kayaking because of it's restriction on high powered motor boats and jet ski's. It's peaceful and has lots of coves and streams to explore. There are tons of Deer there, and you haven't lived until you're kayaking down the river and see about 12 deer cross the river right in front of you. It is fed by the Green River, and it is the place that Dan and I hope to retire to in about 3 years. We have a beautiful 3 1/2 acre lot that looks over South Cove about halfway between the marina and the dam. I'll be doing alot of paintings of this beautiful lake.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the Lake Adger Dam! I actually live in Polk County and everything you said is true. I drove by the Dam during the heavy rains and it looked just like that. My wife and I love to kayak down the Green River and around Lake Adger.

    ReplyDelete